August in an Instagram

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I've been doing these "in an instagram" posts for a few months now. It's my way of recapping the past month of our lives. I use instaport.me to backup all of our instagram photos onto our computer (both mine and David's). Then I choose my favorites/the ones I feel share something important about the past month and I write a little more detail about these photos and our month here. This month I'm going to try putting the photos in collage form because that is way easier for me, and it makes the posts a little less lengthy when I have more than a few photos that I want to share.

(Upper Left) At the very beginning of August, Joey had a pretty bad case of the runs. He also had a cough, so when we took him into urgent care they asked us to put one of these masks on him. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a two year old to keep a mask like this on? I understand why they wanted us to do this but it was a struggle. On top of that, we waited for the doctor for nearly an hour once they took us back to the exam room. It was ridiculous, and I don't think we will ever be visiting that urgent care again.

(Upper Middle) David has had to fix things/hang pictures around the apartment a lot in the past month. Joey has taken to fixing things too. His toy tools and toolbox now have a permanent residence on David's workbench down in the garage. Like father, like son!

(Upper Right) We are officially Washington residents. Supposedly you only have 30 days to make this change once you move to the state, and our tabs were expiring at the end of August anyway, so we got it done right away! Talk about EXPENSIVE. We originally budgeted $200 for this change (drivers licenses, license plates, a new car title, tabs and registration). In the end it cost us twice as much as we expected. The good news is next year the cost to renew our tabs and registration will be about a quarter of what we were paying as Utah residents.

(Middle Left and Middle) We went to Bonney Lake Days with Jen, Joe and their kids this month. It was basically a free fair, so there were a lot of booths set up by companies and all of them were trying to give out something free usually in exchange for personal information. Not all of the booths were like this, but a lot of them were. It's my personal philosophy in life that if you don't actually need something that is free, it just becomes clutter (and I hate clutter--- we already have plenty of it). So I threw most of the free toys away a few days after we got home, with the exception of two frisbees.

(Middle Right) A couple of Saturdays ago we lounged in our jammies almost all day long. David and Joey played toys, danced, and watched some cartoons. I made six freezer meals (for after baby), and prepared for my first Sunday as the new primary chorister! Speaking of callings, David is the new webelos den leader.

(Lower Left) My two favorite boys in the entire world. 

(Lower Middle) Belly shot at 37 weeks, 2 days. Elizabeth has dropped so low (even lower since I took that picture). Most of the time when I am walking, and even sometimes when I'm not, I have shooting pains down my legs because of the nerves she is pinching. Every once in a while my legs will go completely numb. Then there's the pelvic pressure, and intense lower back pain because of how low she is. I'm really at this point in pregnancy where it's hard not to just want her here already. Then I remember that what comes next, labor, is actually more painful and uncomfortable than what I'm currently feeling. But even still, we are so excited to meet our little lady!

(Lower Right) Have I ever mentioned how deathly afraid I am of heights? I might look totally calm in this picture on top of the space needle, but trust me I was freaking out on the inside. Overall though we had a really fun day with my parents in Seattle. We went to Pikes Place, Ye Old Curiosity Shop, Ivar's, and the Space Needle. I'll probably write a more detailed post on this adventure later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs