We have spent the last four Christmases with my family in Utah. On Christmas Eve my family always does a live nativity. We love dressing up in costumes and playing the different roles; Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the shepherds, the wise men, and the angels. This year we were unable to get together and do the traditional nativity, so we did a virtual nativity! Each of us took photos in costumes that depicted our assigned roles, and then David edited the photos into the above nativity scene. I cannot even tell you how happy it makes me! We've had a few good laughs over it.
On Christmas Eve afternoon, Joey and I made cookies for Santa. For dinner we had homemade taquitos and homemade tortilla chips. The kids had gotten gifts for each other, so after dinner Lizzie opened her gift from Joey, and Joey opened his gift from Lizzie.
Lizzie just loved this little ring rattle. She wouldn't let go of it for most of the night. Joey loved his gift from Lizzie too. It was a stool for the kitchen. Technically he already has a stool, but it's pretty heavy and he carries it back and forth between the kitchen and the bathroom often. We decided to help Lizzie get him a stool specifically for the kitchen.
This is Joey and I making cinnamon rolls after opening gifts on Christmas Eve (ya, know for breakfast on Christmas morning). We had to break in his new stool somehow. I've really been working on getting him to wear pants more often. Clearly the concept isn't really sticking, and neither is the concept of how to put on his underwear correctly.
Oh, and I almost forgot. My mom gets us all matching t-shirts every year (a new tradition that replaced jammies last year). This year's t-shirt was awesome!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment