Last week Jen invited us to go to Northwest Trek with her and the kids. It was a pretty cold day so we bundled Lizzie and Joey up and headed out. By the time we arrived at Northwest Trek it became very apparent that Lizzie was not going to handle the outing very well, so she and I left for home before we even bought tickets.
I suppose all four of us could have come home, but I desperately wanted Joey to have an outing. We haven't been out too much lately, because we are trying to keep Lizzie healthy during the flu season. He had so much fun with his Dad, aunt, and cousins! Here he is pictured during the tram ride on the floor of the tram. Yuck! He was throwing a tantrum for a fruit snack. This kid... he is two through and through. I've heard that the three's are even more terrible than the two's and if this is really the case I have it coming to me.
Northwest Trek is kind of like a Zoo, except it's a wildlife preserve where you can see animals that are native to the northwest. The tram rides through a large part of the park where the non-carnivorous animals are free to roam. David was able to capture a few pictures from the tram.
Joey was especially thrilled to see a moose. It was all he talked about afterwards, and that night he begged me to wear his moose jammies.
Can you believe how huge this tree is! I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it, but I think it is close to 2,000 years old.
Have you ever thought about how creepy raccoons are? I hadn't until I saw this picture. Little masked night bandit. "Let's do a list, let's do a list of famous raccoons. Meeko from Pocahontas, check. Rocky raccoon..."-Sean Spencer, Psych
Joey just loves animals. David's parents are getting us a membership to either Northwest Trek or the Zoo and I just know that Joey is going to love it!












No comments:
Post a Comment