Lizzie Mae Turns ONE!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015


This little babe of ours turned ONE on Monday. Can you even believe it!?! I think I am still in denial. She is so big and so independent now. It is amazing to think that one year ago she was just a teeny tiny six pound baby who needed us for everything.

Over the past year, I really enjoyed taking these month-to-month pictures of her. I stopped after eight months because I just could NOT get her to hold still anymore! But just look at the comparison between the first pic (at one month) and the last (at eight months). So much change and growth!


We really loved spoiling Lizzie on her birthday. We decorated the house after she went to bed on Sunday night, wrapped her gifts, and set them where she would see them when she toddled out of her room in the morning. I also made cupcakes on Sunday night; red velvet and chocolate (all stuffed with oreos).

She walked right over to her new baby doll on the morning of her birthday. Then she proceeded to pull the tissue paper out of all the gift bags. She was honestly more interested in the paper than her gifts, and I think Joey played with some of the toys more than her at first!

After we opened gifts, Aunt Jen and cousins Ashlee and Madi came over for a pancake breakfast. We loved having some family time first thing on Lizzie's birthday.


Since it was Labor Day, we had a barbecue in the evening with all of our friends. Lizzie wore this adorable one-year outfit. David made hot dogs, hamburgers, and homemade root beer!


After dinner, we sang Happy Birthday to lizzie and let her smash a cupcake. We had so much fun and we were so happy to share her special day with so many.


Lizzie Mae, please stop growing up so fast! We love you so much, and we want you to know just how amazing and special you are even at such a young age. 

Love, 
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs