I have not blogged in a while... life is really busy. I have been applying for graduation and organizing this house (because apparently no matter how many times I do it, it never feels done). Classes have been busy too, and work is a total drag.
So since I am sitting in bed totally drowsy right now I thought I'd quickly write about one of the most awkward moments I have ever experienced in my whole life.
I was sitting in my Children's Clothing Construction class today working on a pair of fire-engine red sweat pants that were clearly for a baby boy (the fabric has trains and planes and boats and other forms of transportation on it too). I usually like to sit quietly to myself in this class because no one else knows how to sew, and I do know how to sew. I am always ahead.
So, I am sitting there minding my own business when the girl next to me gets my attention and says, "I have noticed that all of the projects you have made in this class are for a baby boy. What happens if you only ever have baby girls?"
For me, the moment was already awkward. Way awkward. So I just chuckled and responded, "I am due to have a baby boy in two and a half months."
Inside I was laughing so hard, but I think she really must have felt bad because all she said was, "Oh..."
Later she said she was sorry and I told her it was alright. But seriously, I am taking a Children's Clothing Construction class AND I may look fat everywhere but I am mostly ginormous in the abdominal region.
So next time you feel like saying something awkward to a woman you think is just fat, think again because you might be surprised to find out she is pregnant.

No comments:
Post a Comment