As I was looking back on my 21st year, I decided to highlight a few of the best things that happened to me:
I married my one true love, David Bradley Jenks Jr. This was the best decision I have ever made. He blesses my life in many ways. The other night we were laying in bed having our nightly pillow talk and he said to me, "I just want you to know that I notice the small things you do for me. Like today in the car when you were feeding me donut holes. These small things show me you love me more than anything else." That is how I feel about how he treats me. I love him very much, and I am glad I get to spend the rest of my years (and forever!) with such a wonderful man.
David and I found out that we're expecting our first baby!!! This was the second best decision I have ever made. I was in one of my classes this week and another girl was asking me how long I have been married. I told her ten months and she was shocked! I guess she thought we'd been married for longer. Then she asked how far along I am, and I told her I am seven months pregnant. Do you know what her response was? She said, "Oh my gosh! A honeymoon baby!".... Well actually if you do the math right I got pregnant three months after we got married. So it was not a honeymoon baby and I would just like to clear that up. This baby is 100% totally planned, and we are so incredibly excited (and scared out of our minds) to be parents.
We found out we are expecting a boy. I would have been fine with either gender, but I was really hoping for a BOY. I have my reasons: #1 I have an awesome older brother who has been a great friend all my life, #2 Because David's parents sent us these incredibly cute cowboy boots that david used to wear when he was a kiddo, and #3 Because I have an obsession with jungle animal baby clothes and nursery decorations which just seem to fit a baby boy better.
January 2012
Found out that the possibility of graduating at the beginning of this April was (and still is) a 100% possibility.
February 2012 (Before the 20th)
My older brother Ben got engaged to the wonderful Beth Duvall. I am so excited to have her as a sister!
It was a wonderful birthday, largely because I got to spend the entire day with my husband and family. As I look back at my life I can honestly say I have no regrets. By the way, for Family Home Evening my parents flipped through my baby book. Look at this picture...
It just makes me smile, because I have been obsessed with cooking my whole life even from a very young age. Cooking is probably my only real hobby.






It's an exciting year! :)
ReplyDelete