Things I won't miss about being pregnant.
- Morning Sickness. Sure they say its gone at twelve weeks for most women. Apparently I am not most women because I am thirty-nine weeks and it is still here every day for at least a few hours. Some days it is even all day long. Sometimes it is only nausea and sometimes it includes a lot of vomiting (tmi). What does it feel like not to be nauseous? I wouldn't know because I don't remember.
- Pregnancy Rhinitis. If you don't know what that is look it up. It is another one of those symptoms that does not effect every woman, and for most women it is really bad for only six weeks. Well it has lasted the whole time for me. It was my very first pregnancy symptom, and began even before I knew I was pregnant. In the first few months of pregnancy I went through nearly an entire box of tissues or two a day (sometimes more) blowing snot out of my nose so that I could breathe. Now its down to maybe a quarter of a box a day. I am sort of OCD about being able to breathe out of both of my nostrils. Just sayin.
- The Toilet. Seriously. How much urine can a bladder hold? And how quickly can it refill with just as much fluid? Every thirty minutes I pee like a race horse (tmi) .
Other than these three symptoms, the rest of pregnancy has not been all that bad. I mean, sure I have had other symptoms that have been uncomfortable, but they have been bearable. These three were the only ones that ever drove me to my breaking point (which is balling my eyes out uncontrollably and throwing kleenexes everywhere in case you were wondering).
Things I will miss about being pregnant:
- Feeling the Baby Move. I was very in tune with this baby's movements from about 17 weeks on. They were little flutters at first, but they were distinctive. I just love the feeling I get when I can feel him move. It is a happy feeling I can't even describe. I know I will get to hold him. But there is nothing like getting to hold something you love for nine whole months non-stop.
- The Roller-Coaster of Pregnancy Emotions. Will this continue with just being a mom? I don't know. But I like feeling more emotionally sensitive to situations and people, even if it means that I cry more. I feel more of a bond with friends and family (an sometimes even complete strangers) this way.
- My Baby Bump. It is cute when you are pregnant. Then when you give birth and you become just fat, it is probably not so cute anymore. Hello ab workouts, would you like to be my new best friend?
- Not having my period. I realize that I am going to bleed for weeks and weeks post-partum. But whatever. It has been a nice long break.
- I am sure there are more things... but my lower back is killing me and I am done writing this post.
When does the feeling of "I am going to be pregnant forever!" end?
Just as an update, one week ago I was 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. The baby has been head down for two and a half weeks now. Maybe that means mini Jenks will be here soon. Hopefully my doctors appointment tomorrow will reveal that I have made more progress.


No comments:
Post a Comment