June in an Instagram

Monday, June 30, 2014


Early in June it started to get pretty hot. Okay, actually I think I am just 20 degrees hotter than anyone else in any given situation. It was probably only in the eighties on this day but it felt like over 100 degrees to this crazy preggo lady. Because I was so hot, we decided to play inside. I saw this activity on Pinterest, so I recreated it for Joey. He loved it for about .2 seconds. It ended up turning into a pom pom war between me, him and his auntie Emma.


On June 10th my friends Julie and Emily threw me a ladybug themed baby shower. I loved it! This picture doesn't even begin to do justice to how adorable the decor was. I was showered with gifts. Who knew that baby girl clothes are like 2,000x more cute than baby boy clothes? I can't wait to dress little Elizabeth Mae (yes, we decided to reveal her name). We'll be calling her Lizzie for short. I'm 90% sure about that; there's another nickname for Elizabeth that I really like.

Besides the company of some great ladies in our ward, my favorite part of this baby shower were those lady bug cupcakes. They were red velvet cake cupcakes stuffed with Oreos (1 per cupcake), AND the batter had crushed Oreos in it. They iced them with red frosting and dotted the tops with milk chocolate chips to make them look like ladybugs. They were delicious. I had 5 (slight exaggeration). I could have eaten more of them.


I took this picture of David and Joey on Father's Day. David is a great dad. I am glad Joey has such a great man to influence his life for the better.


Granny bought Joey a kiddie pool this month and he has loved it. He always insists on filling it up himself.


One saturday night at the end-ish of this month we went shopping and Joey refused to hold anyone's hand but Davids. I also walk a little slower than anyone else these days so I was able to snap this little gem. Aren't they so cute?


I took this belly shot at 28.5ish weeks. I know it seems silly to take belly shots, but I've come to the conclusion over the past few years that I should cherish every moment with my children, even when I am pregnant. You just never know how much time you have. So I'm capturing what I can and loving every kick. I'm even trying to appreciate the added weight, the cankles, the heartburn, and every other lovely thing that comes with pregnancy. I wish I had done this more when I was pregnant with Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs