Precious Mommy Moments

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I'm just checking in to say that I'm up to my eyeballs in things to do. You'd be amazed how much packing moving requires even when 90% of your belongings are already packed and in storage.

For some reason I also thought it'd be a great idea to start wearing contact lenses this week, for the first time ever in my life. I haven't even touched my glasses for years, even though I've probably needed them. I've only been wearing these contacts for two hours (I have to wear them for four hours today), but my eyes already feel so tired.

The real reason why I'm writing this short post today is just to share a couple of cute moments I've had with Joey over the past couple of days. 

Yesterday I was so busy packing that I took advantage of the time he was asleep during the day to get things done. I usually nap while he naps, most days. Well, when he woke up I hit a wall of bricks. I was so tired. There was no way I was going to make it through to the end of the day. 

I put joey in bed with me and turned on a 20-minute show for him so that I could have a power nap. At some point during that show I felt his little arms wrap around my neck. He nuzzled close to me, pressed his face up to my ear and whispered, "Love you, Mom-mum".

Then this morning I was packing and Granny and Emma took him on a walk. When they returned home, I heard his little feet running for the stairs. Standing at the top of the stairs he yelled down to me, "I'm home!". I quickly ran up to greet him. When I turned to look at him he had his arms outstretched. I picked him up, he gave me a big bear hug and whispered to me,"I missed you, Mom-mum".

We've had a lot of great moments together, him and I. But it's been a hard week for me, so it's nice to feel his love for me in such a verbally reassuring way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs