I'm home now! Being a mom is hard work. I'm starting to learn that it's okay to let go a little bit; it's okay to leave the dishes in the sink for a while, or to wait to fold the laundry until after the kids are in bed. The most important thing right now is to take care of myself and the littles. Life isn't completely back in the "normal" swing of things eight weeks later and that's okay, in fact it's probably very normal.
Lizzie, this post is for you. You were born on Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 12:02 pm. At birth, you weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and you were 19.5" long.
Lizzie, this post is for you. You were born on Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 12:02 pm. At birth, you weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and you were 19.5" long.
I've written and re-written this story what feels like a hundred times, trying to decide what you'd want to read someday. Instead of boring you with the details, I've just decided to tell you a few little facts.
- I went into labor with your brother Joey at 12:30 am. I had him at 2:32pm the same day. I went into labor with you at 10:00pm and delivered you at 12:02pm the following day. If you do the math, I was in labor with each one of you for the exact same amount of time. What are the odds?
- The Saturday night before you were born, my water broke while I was sitting at our kitchen table planning primary singing time.
- It took the anesthesiologist an hour to get to the hospital after I asked for an epidural. An HOUR, during which time I dilated from a 5 to an 8. It was far and away the most painful hour of my entire life.
- The doctor could tell that you were a tiny baby, so when I started pushing they thought you'd come out very fast (within a couple of pushes). This might have been true, had the umbilical cord not been wrapped around your neck.
- After about an hour of pushing, your heart rate started to drop significantly. It was a good thing the doctor was there to help get you out as quickly as possible.
Holding you for the first time was one of the best moments of my life. You weren't crying; it was more of a whimper. They handed you to me and you laid on my chest; you were totally serene and beautiful. I've been in love with you ever since.


No comments:
Post a Comment