Happy Birthday to David who turned 28 this past Wednesday. He's the best, most handsome man I know. Birthday breakfast is the big tradition in our family. David chose sweet onion bagels, yogurt, juice, and fruit loops (his birthday is the only time we buy sugar cereal, it's a treat)!
Joey was so excited that it was David's birthday. He loved daddy's special breakfast! After he finished his fruit loops he was excited to jump into his dad's lap and steal some of his cereal too.
After breakfast, David opened his gift from me. I waited to order his gift until the day before his birthday, so to make up for the fact that it hadn't arrived yet I bought him his favorite chips. On the back of the card I taped a tiny picture of his new blu-ray player. Our old DVD player was being held together with super glue, so I figured he'd love a new one.
Our friends, Dave and Angela, got us a gift card to Red Robin and they babysat Joey so we could go out on a lunch date. Red Robin is David's favorite restaurant so it was a perfect place to go for David's birthday lunch.
After lunch we went to Fred Meyer and bought a couple of 99 cent lemon bars for David's "birthday cake". Later that night we lit one candle, sang David happy birthday, and enjoyed the lemon bars together.
The Friday after David's birthday we had our friends Stefan and Tynj'a over for appetizers and pie, per David's request. We had so much fun!















No comments:
Post a Comment