After J-Term ended and David finished his Prepare & Enrich training, we decided to go on a weekend getaway and visit our friends, Lydia and Tyrell, who live about three hours away.
"The long drive with kids was super fun," said no one ever. What should've only taken three hours and ten minutes each way ended up taking about four-and-a-half. I'm just glad it wasn't a longer trip! We had to stop and feed Lizzie when she was hungry, and we had to stop when Joey had to pee. I was really glad we drove the minivan though, as I was able to sit in the back with the kids and keep them entertained. They were surprisingly happy for the duration of our travels.
It was a really relaxing weekend. We met some of Lydia and Tyrell's friends, the Stouts, and had fun playing games and eating pizza at their house.
On Sunday after church we watched the Super Bowl. We dressed Lizzie and Genevieve in blue and green; they were the cutest cheerleaders ever. Mind you, this was the first time I had ever watched the Super Bowl in my entire life, and I have to admit that I'd be totally fine never watching one again. I'm not really into sports. However, I did have fun watching it with friends and enjoying yummy snacks. Bonus: Lizzie took a really great nap during the game, so I was able to relax and get the next couple weeks of meal planning out of the way. Oh, and also the Seahawks lost. The boys were upset.
On Monday we chilled, made cute hair bows for the girls, and visited two local restaurants (David and I love to try local food when we travel).
I should have taken more pictures (the one above is from Lydia)! I love that Lizzie and Genevieve finally got to meet (they're only a few days apart in age). Joey absolutely adored Genevieve. We left all too soon. It was fun to get away and see old friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment