Six Months Old

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Oh Miss Elizabeth Mae, time really flies. I can't believe it's already been six months. When you were first born things were really hard for me, and I thought time couldn't pass any slower. In reality it has gone by way too fast. I've been posting pictures of you every month on Facebook. Yesterday's shoot was particularly fun.
After the first round of pictures (which is where the above photo came from), I realized that the "s" was upside down! So I set it back up and made you pose all over again, and you were NOT happy, not happy at all.
You are a rolling pro, and you really wanted that letter "O". No matter how much I tried to stop it, you kept rolling and rolling just to grab that "O". I have a feeling it's just going to get harder and harder to get you to hold still, and I'm fine with it. This picture of you rolling shows more about who you are than any of the others.
Eventually I gave up and I let you play with the letters. You were pretty happy about it. So happy in fact, that you became cooperative and I was able to snap a few more pictures of you. You're such a beautiful baby girl.
After I let you rummage through all of the letters you rolled back over and grabbed your toes, something you do often.
Only to be immediately distracted by the camera lens. "Hey, give me that Mom." I think we'll keep you around for at least a little while longer.
Here is a little more about you at six months of age. We love you Lizzie Mae!
  • You weigh 15 pounds, 4 ounces.
  • You are 26.5 inches long (you are in the 90% percentile for your height). Your doctor predicts that when you are fully grown you'll be between 5' 6.5" and 5' 8.5".
  • You are secretly active. When I'm looking you seem to stay put, but when I turn my head for even a few seconds you're always in a different position or place when I turn back around.
  • You love to eat and you've liked every solid food we've given you (except for peas, you hate peas). You love green beans more than anything else.
  • You love rattles and any other toy that is shake-able.
  • You babble/scream-talk a lot. I get comments in public about how talkative you are. Your dad and I swear that you've said "Hi" to us.
  • You're a great sleeper *knock on wood*; we especially love that you fall asleep on your own *knock on wood, again*.
  • You like to scratch things. It's really creepy during the night when we are sleeping and you suddenly start to scratch your mattress or the wall. Really, it's very creepy. It makes it hard for Dad and I to sleep.
  • Your laugh is contagious! Usually you only laugh at Dad or Joey, but I did get you laughing pretty hard recently.
  • You drool a lot, AND NO, you are not teething.
  • You have a lot more hair than your brother did at your age, thank heaven! He was pretty bald. Your dark brown hair seems to get a little longer every day.

2 comments:

  1. I am with ya princess... peas are gross!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David doesn't like peas either! She takes after her daddy.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs